Call for MSH Executive Publicity Officer, 2023-2026: Apply by 8 August 2023
The Mormon Scholars in the Humanities (MSH), founded in 2007, is an independent scholarly community that supports faith-lit humanities scholarship. The MSH Executive Board now seeks a dynamic inaugural Executive Publicity Officer.
The successful candidate will receive the following:
1. The inaugural Executive Publicity Officer position on the MSH Executive board with a renewable three-year term (Fall 2023-Summer 2026). 2. Entrepreneurial autonomy over all MSH publicity matters. 3. A modest annual stipend subject to (the otherwise volunteer) MSH Executive approval.
4. Covered MSH conference fees during their term of service.
The successful candidate will be charged with the following:
1. Leading all matters of MSH publicity, such as improving on a vision of regular engagement with MSH social media engagement, drafting MSH membership emails, and networking with neighborly organizations.
2. Aiming to sustain and improve the MSH Executive’s vision for faith-lit humanistic scholarship.
3. Participating, whenever available, in brief monthly MSH Executive Zoom meetings.
4. Welcoming and responding to brief annual performance reviews.
To apply by 8 August 2023, please email MSH President Benjamin Peters (firstname.lastname@example.org) and MSH Executive Secretary Elizabeth Pinborough (email@example.com), with the subject line “MSH Executive Publicity Officer” the following details:
1. A brief statement of your interest in the position.
2. Your resume or CV with evidence of relevant experience bundled as a single .pdf.
The proposed timeline follows:
1. Review begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
2. The application deadline for full consideration is August 8, 2023.
3. The successful candidate will be contacted soon thereafter.
4. The term of the successful candidate will be announced in September 2023.
Please share the word! We look forward to working with you to make the bright lights in the firmament a little brighter,
Benjamin Peters, Incoming MSH President (I welcome questions to firstname.lastname@example.org)
Kristine Haglund, Vice President
James Egan, Vice President and Treasurer
Elizabeth Pinborough, Executive Secretary
Tod Robbins, Executive Technology Officer